Tuesday, March 1, 2011

October 9, 2010



On October 9, 2010 I almost died. My first stop was the emergency room at my local hospital, then a few days in the Intensive Care Unit, followed by a few more days in a regular hospital room and finally home again. It has taken 5 months to get back my strength and my true passion for my work. Although I met many wonderful people on this long journey to recovery I also met several not so nice people. These include a few doctors, a few now former clients of my Family Child Care program, and a few miscellaneous people. I think my fever burnt doormat out of my DNA as I now look at life from a whole new vantage point. People with ugly personalities watch out or you will be banished from my personal space in a heartbeat. Life is way to short to put up badly behaving adults.

I used to like the cold but since I was sick I am far more sensitive to it and have stayed away from a lot of outdoor time. I have enjoyed the snow this Winter from the comforts of my home and grateful for all my large windows. I will regret those same large windows come Summer when all the heat comes blasting inside. Mostly I am looking forward to the arrival of Spring and getting back outside to explore and wonder alongside the children. The Mud Pie Kitchen needs to be finished and the garden bins need to be prepared. As you can see from the above photo we already have a sweet potato ready to plant! This plant symbolizes a rebirth and a renewal of commitment to my family, my friends, and the children I spend most of my waking hours with. By the grace of God I am still here but as always trusting in his plan and ready to follow where he leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment